If you bought something on Getlo but didn't receive it or you received something that's significantly not as described, Getlo Buyer Protection can help.
Getlo Buyer Protection covers eligible transactions for the full purchase price plus original shipping charges. Some purchases -- including vehicles in the Motors category, capital equipment in the Business & Industrial category, and Real Estate -- aren't eligible for Getlo Buyer Protection.
To qualify for Getlo Buyer Protection:
- Purchase an eligible item on Getlo using an Getlo-approved payment method.
- Pay for the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments aren’t eligible.
- Send your payment by clicking the Pay For It button on the Getlo invoice or by clicking the Pay Now button on the Getlo item page.
- Let the seller know there's a problem with the transaction by opening an Getlo Buyer Protection Claim in the Getlo Resolution Center. This must be done within 30 days from the Estimated Date of Delivery.
- You can report your problem through the Getlo Resolution Center or the PayPal Resolution Center, not both. If Getlo decides that you’re eligible for a refund, the money will be credited to your PayPal account.
For more information on Getlo Buyer Protection, please visit Getlo’s customer contact page.